The Thrift Store is currently open with a few guidelines to follow:
1. There will be a maximum of 4 customers in the store at a time. When possible, please try to visit by yourself or with only one other person.
2. Please maintain 6 feet of distance.
3. At this time, we are asking that visitors do wear face masks and masks will be encouraged upon entrance to the store.
4. If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
OPEN: Tuesday 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
CLOSED: Sunday, Monday and Saturday
We will begin accepting Thrift Donations starting this Friday, May 15th from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. We will ONLY be taking donations weekly on Fridays until further notice. Please review and follow these instructions: 1. Please bring donations to the back of the building and put them directly into the back storage shed. Please practice social distancing during this time.
2. Utilize the shelving inside the shed to maximize storage capacity.
3. DO NOT bring clothing items that have stains, fading, pilling, holes, etc. Or other items that are broken, damaged, obsolete or missing pieces. PLEASE read and follow our donation guidelines: https://hometownrc.org/thriftdonations/ Also review the list of things we DO NOT accept for donations. We have very limited disposal space for items that are not fit to be sold. The Resource Center is not a community dumpster, so please be respectful and follow our guidelines. There is no longer a pickup from a “poundage” company. We pay for our garbage to be hauled away just the same as everyone else.
4. We will be taking donations on a first come, first serve basis. If the shed gets full on Fridays, we will close the door and lock it. Do not leave donations outside if the shed is locked. Please keep your items and wait until the following Friday.
Questions – please call the Center 507-932-5203. Thanks for your cooperation and support – Happy donating!
The State of Minnesota is committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of children. The following is a list of resources to support you and your family during the COVID-19 pandemic. (VIEW: Children and Families Resources in COVID-19 Response)
To further protect our staff and our Food Shelf clients, the Hometown Resource Center is implementing new procedures effective immediately:
1. Food Shelf pickup is available at the backdoor of the Hometown Resource Center by appointment only. Please call to make an appointment: 507-932-5203.
2. During the time of pickup, do not enter the building. Boxes will be outside the back door of the building. The food shelf client number and time of pickup will be written on each box.
3. The Resource Center does allow registered proxies to pick-up for clients at the food shelf. Group home staff, case workers, human services workers and any other social service professionals can serve as proxy for their clients.
4. Your food shelf items will consist of a pre-packaged box of food from Channel One Food Bank, a frozen meat item, fruit and milk (only if items are available). There is only one choice of box available: food substitutions or requests will not be honored.
5. NAPS boxes for April will be delivered. Please call The Hometown Resource center to schedule a pick up or delivery time.
6. Unfortunately, we will NOT be offering Food for Families in the month of April. The logistics of distribution and the availability of the necessary quantity of food, make the April distribution not possible.
We are all adjusting to the new normal of the COVID-19 crisis. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Staff and Board of Directors at the Hometown Resource Center
We now have an Amazon shopping Wish List! Thank you in advance if you are able to contribute by purchasing an item: AMAZON WISH LIST. Every thing on the list will be put to good use! If you purchase through the link, you can have items shipped right to the Resource Center!