There is a significant need for volunteers at the Center. Community volunteers are a vital link to maintaining our ability to assist the community. If interested, please complete our simple Volunteer Interest Form. Thank you!
Please join us for the Resource Center’s 2021 Annual Meeting
Time: Feb 11, 2021 – 07:00 PM
Join us via Zoom Meeting
Or dial in by phone:
Meeting ID: 750 4193 4835
Agenda Items include: Year End Financial Review, Operations Report and Programming Update
For questions – please email: email@example.com
Please use this number to contact our Food Shelf: 507-932-8056. Thank you for your cooperation!
The Hometown Resource Center will be closed:
November 26th and 27th for Thanksgiving
December 24th and 25th for Christmas
December 31st and Jan 1st for New Year’s
For more information on our ‘Rescue Christmas’ program – please visit this page (hometownrc.org/christmasprogram/) for more information.
Effective 10.20.20, the Resource Center will begin accepting Thrift Donations anytime the Thrift Store is open. (Please see our new hours for both the store and food shelf)
1. Until further notice, please bring donations to the back of the building and put them directly into the back storage shed. Please practice social distancing during this time.
2. Utilize the shelving inside the shed to maximize storage capacity. Do not leave items on the floor.
3. DO NOT bring clothing items that have stains, fading, pilling, holes, etc. Or other items that are broken, damaged, obsolete or missing pieces. PLEASE read and follow our donation guidelines. Also review the list of things we DO NOT accept for donations. We have very limited disposal space for items that are not fit to be sold. The Resource Center is not to be treated as a “community dumpster”, so please be respectful and follow our guidelines. There is no longer a pickup from a “poundage” company. We pay for our garbage to be hauled away just the same as everyone else.
4. We will be taking donations on a first come, first serve basis. If the shed becomes full at anytime, staff may lock the shed door and we won’t take donations for the remainder of that day. Please bring donations another day. We hope it will be rare occurrence that we cannot keep up with donations.
Questions – please call the Center 507-932-5203. Thanks for your cooperation and support – We greatly appreciate our donors!
To further protect our staff and our Food Shelf clients, the Hometown Resource Center is implementing new procedures effective immediately:
1. Food Shelf pickup is available at the backdoor of the Hometown Resource Center by appointment only. Please call to make an appointment: 507-932-5203.
2. During the time of pickup, do not enter the building. Boxes will be outside the back door of the building. The food shelf client number and time of pickup will be written on each box.
3. The Resource Center does allow registered proxies to pick-up for clients at the food shelf. Group home staff, case workers, human services workers and any other social service professionals can serve as proxy for their clients.
4. Your food shelf items will consist of a pre-packaged box of food from Channel One Food Bank, a frozen meat item, fruit and milk (only if items are available). There is only one choice of box available: food substitutions or requests will not be honored.
5. NAPS boxes for April will be delivered. Please call The Hometown Resource center to schedule a pick up or delivery time.
6. Unfortunately, we will NOT be offering Food for Families in the month of April. The logistics of distribution and the availability of the necessary quantity of food, make the April distribution not possible.
We are all adjusting to the new normal of the COVID-19 crisis. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Staff and Board of Directors at the Hometown Resource Center
We now have an Amazon shopping Wish List! Thank you in advance if you are able to contribute by purchasing an item: AMAZON WISH LIST. Every thing on the list will be put to good use! If you purchase through the link, you can have items shipped right to the Resource Center!
The Hometown Resource Center is a non-profit services provider located in St. Charles, Minnesota. We are the location of the Hometown Resource Center Thrift Store as well as the local community food shelf. The Resource Center’s mission is to assist people in our local community and surrounding rural area with their food, clothing, household and monetary needs. We believe each person has inherent dignity and should be treated respectfully while we provide the services / outreach they need.