The Resource Center Thrift Shop accepts donations of books, furniture, household and seasonal items. We accept clothing and footwear for adults, children and infants. Linens, bedding, towels, blankets and curtains are all acceptable, as long as they are clean and in good condition. We do not accept items that are unable to be sold in the thrift store. There is no longer a “poundage” payment or pickup at the Center, so only donating sell-able items is very important.
Please make sure your donations are:
- We prefer clothing donations to be in-season. If possible, please store clothing at home and bring it when it is in-season. We have storage space, but it is limited.
- As clean as reasonably possible
- Any zippers need be in working condition.
- Free of odors (mold, mildew, cigarette smoke, moth balls, etc)
- Free of animal hair
- Not excessively worn, pilling or faded
- Free of snags or holes
- Toys, puzzles and games are accepted, but must be in good, working condition and contain all pieces
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Large furniture items
- Televisions, computers, printers and other non-working electronics
- Household chemicals
- Automotive parts
- Humidifiers, dehumidifiers and air purifiers
- Child car seats, strollers, high chairs and cribs
- Baby items that have been in contact with water (bottles, bathtubs, etc)
- Consumer product recalled items. Please visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Please contact Winona County Environmental Services or Olmsted County Recycling Center Plus for disposal or recycling options for donations that are unable to be accepted.
DROP-OFF DONATIONS OUTSIDE THE BUILDING ARE NOT ALLOWED. ALL DONATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY A STAFF MEMBER. ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE WITHOUT APPROVAL WILL BE REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Donations to the Resource Center may be tax deductible. The donor assigns the value for the items.
If you have questions about making a donation, please visit the Contact Page.