The Resource Center Thrift Shop accepts donations of books, furniture, household and seasonal items. We accept clothing and footwear for all seasons for adults, children and infants. Linens, bedding, towels, blankets and curtains are all acceptable, as long as they are clean.
Please make sure your donations are:
- As clean as reasonably possible
- Free of odors (mold, mildew, cigarette smoke, moth balls, etc)
- Free of animal hair
- Not excessively worn or faded
- Free of snags or holes
- Clothes, shoes and textiles that are unacceptable for donation can be recycled through USagain collection bins. Search for your nearest bin. There are (2) in St. Charles, (1) in Lewiston and (2) in Rochester.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Televisions, computers, printers and other non-working electronics
- Household chemicals
- Automotive parts
- Humidifiers, dehumidifiers and air purifiers
- Child car seats, strollers and high chairs
- Baby items that have been in contact with water (bottles, bathtubs, etc)
- Consumer product recalled items. Please visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Please contact Winona County Environmental Services or Olmsted County Recycling Center Plus for disposal or recycling options for donations that are unable to be accepted.
DROP-OFF DONATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED OUTSIDE OF OUR NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. ALL DONATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY A STAFF MEMBER. ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE WITHOUT APPROVAL WILL BE REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Donations to the Resource Center may be tax deductible. The donor assigns the value for the items.
If you have questions about making a donation, please visit the Contact Page.