The Thrift Store is re-opening on Tuesday, June 2nd, with a few guidelines to follow:
1. There will be a maximum of 4 customers in the store at a time. When possible, please try to visit by yourself or with only one other person.
2. Please maintain 6 feet of distance.
3. At this time, we are asking that visitors do wear face masks and masks will be encouraged upon entrance to the store.
4. If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
We will remain open for half days through June:
OPEN: Tuesday 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
CLOSED: Sunday, Monday and Saturday
We will begin accepting Thrift Donations starting this Friday, May 15th from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. We will ONLY be taking donations weekly on Fridays until further notice. Please review and follow these instructions: 1. Please bring donations to the back of the building and put them directly into the back storage shed. Please practice social distancing during this time.
2. Utilize the shelving inside the shed to maximize storage capacity.
3. DO NOT bring clothing items that have stains, fading, pilling, holes, etc. Or other items that are broken, damaged, obsolete or missing pieces. PLEASE read and follow our donation guidelines: https://hometownrc.org/thriftdonations/ Also review the list of things we DO NOT accept for donations. We have very limited disposal space for items that are not fit to be sold. The Resource Center is not a community dumpster, so please be respectful and follow our guidelines. There is no longer a pickup from a “poundage” company. We pay for our garbage to be hauled away just the same as everyone else.
4. We will be taking donations on a first come, first serve basis. If the shed gets full on Fridays, we will close the door and lock it. Do not leave donations outside if the shed is locked. Please keep your items and wait until the following Friday.
Questions – please call the Center 507-932-5203. Thanks for your cooperation and support – Happy donating!
The Hometown Resource Center‘s Food for Families event is back after being restructured due to Covid-19. Distribution will be Thursday, May 14th at St. Charles City Park at 4:00pm. It will be a drive-thru setup and recipients should not get out of their car. Volunteers and staff will put boxes into trunks/back of vehicles. Channel One Regional Food Bank is assisting with distribution. Notification phone calls have been made to Food Shelf clients who we have phone numbers for. Please call the Center with questions. 507-932-5203.