To further protect our staff and our Food Shelf clients, the Hometown Resource Center is implementing new procedures effective immediately:
1. Food Shelf pickup is available at the backdoor of the Hometown Resource Center by appointment only. Please call to make an appointment: 507-932-5203.
2. During the time of pickup, do not enter the building. Boxes will be outside the back door of the building. The food shelf client number and time of pickup will be written on each box.
3. The Resource Center does allow registered proxies to pick-up for clients at the food shelf. Group home staff, case workers, human services workers and any other social service professionals can serve as proxy for their clients.
4. Your food shelf items will consist of a pre-packaged box of food from Channel One Food Bank, a frozen meat item, fruit and milk (only if items are available). There is only one choice of box available: food substitutions or requests will not be honored.
5. NAPS boxes for April will be delivered. Please call The Hometown Resource center to schedule a pick up or delivery time.
6. Unfortunately, we will NOT be offering Food for Families in the month of April. The logistics of distribution and the availability of the necessary quantity of food, make the April distribution not possible.
We are all adjusting to the new normal of the COVID-19 crisis. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Staff and Board of Directors at the Hometown Resource Center