To further protect our staff and our Food Shelf clients, the Hometown Resource Center is implementing new procedures effective immediately:
1. Food Shelf pickup is available at the backdoor of the Hometown Resource Center by appointment only. Please call to make an appointment: 507-932-5203.
2. During the time of pickup, do not enter the building. Boxes will be outside the back door of the building. The food shelf client number and time of pickup will be written on each box.
3. The Resource Center does allow registered proxies to pick-up for clients at the food shelf. Group home staff, case workers, human services workers and any other social service professionals can serve as proxy for their clients.
4. Your food shelf items will consist of a pre-packaged box of food from Channel One Food Bank, a frozen meat item, fruit and milk (only if items are available). There is only one choice of box available: food substitutions or requests will not be honored.
5. NAPS boxes for April will be delivered. Please call The Hometown Resource center to schedule a pick up or delivery time.
6. Unfortunately, we will NOT be offering Food for Families in the month of April. The logistics of distribution and the availability of the necessary quantity of food, make the April distribution not possible.
We are all adjusting to the new normal of the COVID-19 crisis. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Staff and Board of Directors at the Hometown Resource Center
At this current time, the Food Shelf at the Center is opening for half days, Tuesday thru Friday – (see hours). We will limit the number of clients in the Food Shelf at one time and will be taking extra precautions with cleaning/disinfecting. The rear-door of the building will be open.
***In the weeks to come, if you are ill and in desperate need of food, please call ahead and we can make arrangements to box/bag up your food in advance for curbside pickup. Please refrain from visiting the Center if you have any illness symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has.***
Tuesday, March 17th is the last day that the Thrift Store will be open until further notice. The Thrift Store will be closed starting Wednesday, March 18th. This is for two reasons. This is for two reasons. The Food Shelf is the Center’s top priority and the cornerstone of all our efforts. We must do what we can to keep our staff/volunteers healthy and the doors open to serve those in need. Secondly, the last couple weeks there have been very few shoppers visiting the store, so it is difficult to justify keeping the doors open for shopping. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
HOW CAN YOU HELP? We are expecting that we will see an increase in visitors through the food shelf as employment situations change for many in our community. Check our wish list and please donate what you can during normal hours or message us to make other arrangements. Financial donations are always needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you for your support St. Charles & the surrounding area!